Food grade carrageenan gum
|Unit Price:||10~20 USD|
|Min. Order:||100 Kilogram|
|Packaging:||aluminum bag, corrugated carton, kraft paper fibre drum|
|Place of Origin:||CHINA|
|Supply Ability:||stock available|
|Certificate:||ISO KOSHER HALAL|
|Port:||any port in China|
Model No.: FAAC109
Carrageenan is a hydrophilic colloid extracted from red algae seagrass such as eucheuma, cauliflower and carrageenan.
It is usually used as thickener, gelling agent, suspending agent, emulsifier and stabilizer in the food industry.
Its chemical structure is composed of galactose and dehydrated galactose polyaccharide sulfate of calcium, potassium, sodium, ammonium salt. Due to the different binding forms of sulphate, it can be divided into K type (Kappa), I type (Iota) and L type (Lambda).
Carrageenan is white or light brown granules or powder, odorless or slightly smelly, sticky taste. Soluble in water at about 80℃, it forms a viscous, transparent or slightly milky flowing solution. If first soaked with ethanol, glycerin or saturated sucrose aqueous solution, it is easier to disperse in water. Boil the solution with 30 times the amount of water for 10 minutes and form a colloid after cooling. When combined with water, the viscosity increases, and the protein reacts to emulsify and stabilize the emulsion.
● Solubility: insoluble in cold water, but can swell into colloidal blocks, insoluble in organic solvents, easily soluble in hot water into translucent colloid solution (in hot water above 70℃ to improve the dissolution rate);
● Gelation: in the presence of potassium ions can generate heat reversible gel;
● Thickening: low concentration of the formation of low viscosity sol, close to Newtonian fluid, concentration rise to form high viscosity sol, is non-Newtonian fluid.
● Synergistic: with locust bean gum, konjac gum, xanthan gum and other colloid synergistic effect, can improve the gel elasticity and water retention;
● Health value: Carrageenan has the basic characteristics of soluble dietary fiber, and can form a soluble complex with blood fibrin after degradation in the body. It can be fermented into CO2, H2, biogas, formic acid, acetic acid, propionic acid and other short-chain fatty acids by e. coli bacteria, which become the energy source of probiotics.
ApplicationCarrageenan stability is strong, dry powder placed for a long time is not easy to degrade.
It is also stable in neutral and alkaline solutions and will not hydrolyze even when heated, but in acidic solutions (especially pH ≤4.0), carrageenan is prone to acid hydrolysis and the gel strength and viscosity decrease.
Under neutral conditions, if carrageenan is heated at high temperature for a long time, it will hydrolyze, leading to the reduction of gel strength.
All types of carrageenan can be dissolved in hot water and milk. Soluble in hot water can form viscous transparent or slightly milky white flowing solution.
Carrageenan can only expand in cold water, but not dissolve.
Based on the properties of carrageenan, it is usually used as thickener, gelling agent, suspending agent, emulsifier and stabilizer in the food industry. The production and application of carrageenan have a great relationship with its rheological properties, so it is of great significance to accurately grasp the rheological properties of carrageenan and its changing rules under various conditions for production.
Carrageenan in detergents, cosmetics and other chemical industry applications: adding carrageenan detergent, to prevent the effect of being stained, better than methyl cellulose. In liquid detergent, its dispersibility and storage performance can be improved. In cosmetics, carrageenan is easy to be absorbed by the skin, so it can be mixed with glycerin to make emollients. In some emulsion and shampoo can be used as emulsifier, make the product soft lubrication, emulsion stability also improved.
Wenzhou Borun Technology Co. Ltd
Allied Extracts Solutions is a comprehensive food and chemical additive provider. Our company has been working in the food and chemical additives industry for more than 10 years, understanding the industry technology, industry development prospects and customer needs. We had established good cooperative relationship with many domestic manufacturers. As a comprehensive service provider, we constantly explore new products and new markets, matching users and manufacturers with the best solutions to meet their needs. Our company has a high quality and efficient sales and procurement team, meanwhile rigorous and enthusiastic. We are committed to providing customers with the best solution, so as to achieve our own value. Our philosophy is Precise Service, Long-term Win-win.
- Company Name: Wenzhou Borun Technology Co. Ltd
- Representative: PAN TONGYI
- Product/Service: Nutritional Supplements , Food Additive , Food Antioxidant , Acidity Regulator , Cosmetic Humectants , Protein Peptide
- Capital (Million US $): 500000
- Year Established: 2010
- Total Annual Sales Volume (Million US $): US$1 Million - US$2.5 Million
- Export Percentage: 71% - 80%
- Total Annual Purchase Volume (Million US $): US$1 Million - US$2.5 Million
- No. of Production Lines: 3
- No. of R&D Staff: 5 -10 People
- No. of QC Staff: 5 -10 People
- OEM Services Provided: yes
- Factory Size (Sq.meters): 5,000-10,000 square meters
- Factory Location: No.22 North Rd. Longfeng Villa,Jishi Town,Shuangyu District,Wenzhou
- Contact Person: Ms. amy
- Tel: 86-27-85872688
Premium Related Products